Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service means stashing and/or sharing specific content on a web server hosted by a web hosting vendor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's examine these. In this way, you can decide what you want, based on whether you wish to own a site, e-mail aliases, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by given providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are often supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally improper interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would share the workload between autonomous packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various webspace hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain companies provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a large quantity of images with pals or colleagues since the solution is generally free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to administering your electronic mail accounts. Some vendors provide web page hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you desire to get an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to have as many video clips as you want without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to keep a site. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Cloud Host Shop, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for particular web content solely.